vLex is a leading provider of award-winning research technology and global legal information, providing access to comprehensive primary and secondary collections from over 100 countries, all on one intelligent platform.
With over 2 million registered users, vLex provides a cutting-edge service for thousands of lawyers, law firms, government departments, and law schools around the world with up-to-date case law, legislation, secondary sources, and legal news.
Behind the scenes, vLex develops large-scale artificial intelligence systems to bring together legal information from over 750 publishers and sources to help legal professionals find the information they need.
In March 2019, vLex acquired British publishing company Justis, who provided over 30 common law countries with access to exclusive collections of legal materials and advanced research technology for over 30 years.
A natural synergy between these two independent organisations brought together a collection of over 120 million legal documents to create one of the largest collections of legal information available anywhere online, as well as unique expertise that promises an exciting future for the world of legal technology and publishing.
vLex offers a free three-day trial of its legal research platform.
vLex helps you access more information than any other provider, all on one easy-to-navigate platform. Whether you need to access local, national or international legal information, vLex ensures you find exactly what you need to a level of detail not possible elsewhere.
Trusted by organisations worldwide, vLex processes hundreds of thousands of documents every month to ensure you have access to an up-to-date and ever-growing source of primary and secondary materials.
Covering over 100 countries, vLex enables you to access over 120 million documents online, with up to 30,00 new documents added each day.
Importantly, vLex allows you to navigate seamlessly between documents, including both primary and secondary sources; collectively the vLex service has over 400 million citation links between documents.
Covering over 100 countries, vLex has comprehensive and exclusive content from many common and civil law jurisdictions.
- The United Kingdom – The largest collection of UK judgments available online and the full legislative history of the UK, dating back further than any other provider, as well as higher court dockets.
- Ireland – The largest collection of Irish legal information and over 80,000 full-text cases.
- The Caribbean (including CariLaw) – The largest collection of Caribbean cases online from 18 jurisdictions.
- EU & Europe – Complete EU coverage, the most comprehensive collection of Spanish law, a wide range of content from France, Italy, Portugal, and coverage from almost all European countries.
- United States – Over 20 million US legal documents, including state and federal cases, regulations, books, and journals.
- Canada – Up-to-date coverage from 10 jurisdictions and over 370,000 full-text Canadian cases, including the Maritime Law Book and the entire Irwin Law legal book collection.
- Latin America (inc. Mexico) – The largest and most comprehensive coverage from a wide range of Central and South American countries.
- Asia – In-depth coverage from Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, India, and more.
- Australia & New Zealand – Up-to-date legal information, including 70,000 full-text Australian cases and over 45,000 full-text cases from New Zealand.
Secondary materials & law reports
vLex offers thousands of books and journals, news and current awareness from some of the world’s top publishers, including Bloomsbury, The American Bar Association, Wiley, Emerald Publishing, and JD Supra.
Unlike other services, vLex does not restrict your search to only show the content that it directly offers. Unique search and analysis tools enable you to find cases and legislation from across more than 100 other services and publishers, including Westlaw, Lexis, HeinOnline, and BAILII. Indexed content is included with every subscription. Linking to external services may require additional subscriptions with third parties which are not included in vLex subscriptions.
Andorra, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, European Union, France, Germany, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Jersey, Latvia, Malaysia, Mercosur, Mexico, Montserrat, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela.