The larger and longest-established legal publishers are listed below. The descriptions are based on information provided by the publishers themselves.
Take advantage of the publishers’ free trials to get to know their products and services.
A comprehensive listing of law publishers is on infolaw Lawfinder.
Incorporated Council of Law Reporting (ICLR)
As well as the official Law Reports, the Incorporated Council of Law Reporting for England and Wales publishes The Weekly Law Reports, The Industrial Cases Reports, The Business Law Reports, The Public and Third Sector Law Reports and the Consolidated Index to leading law reports.
The Incorporated Council of Law Reporting for England and Wales was established in 1865 by members of the legal profession with the object of the
“preparation and publication, in a convenient form, at a moderate price, and under gratuitous professional control, of Reports of Judicial Decisions of the Superior and Appellate Courts in England and Wales.” Memorandum and Articles of Association, 1870
This is as important today as ever and explains why we are univerally regarded as the most authoritative source of English case law.
vLex is a leading provider of award-winning research technology and global legal information, providing access to comprehensive primary and secondary collections from over 100 countries, all on one intelligent platform.
With over 2 million registered users, vLex provides a cutting-edge service for thousands of lawyers, law firms, government departments, and law schools around the world with up-to-date. case law, legislation, secondary sources, and legal news.
Behind the scenes, vLex develops large-scale artificial intelligence systems to bring together legal information from over 750 publishers and sources to help users find the information they need.
In March 2019, vLex acquired British publishing company Justis, who provided over 30 common law countries with access to exclusive collections of legal materials and advanced research technology for over 30 years.
A natural synergy between the two independent organisations brought together a collection of over 120 million legal documents to create one of the largest collections of legal information available anywhere online, and unique expertise that promises an exciting future for the world of legal technology and publishing.
vLex offers a three-day trial of its legal research platform.
Bloomsbury Professional publish high quality books and digital products for lawyers, tax practitioners, accountants and business professionals.
With our list of prestigious authors, editors and contributors, you can rely on the quality of the information you are using and therefore make complex decisions with confidence.
Part of the Bloomsbury Publishing Group, Bloomsbury Professional remains a small, efficient publishing house with traditional values and a high standard of customer service. When it comes to dealing with your query, we won’t drop your call into a faceless call centre with automated switchboards and holding queues; you will talk to real people who care about your custom.
LexisNexisUK help lawyers win cases, manage their work more efficiently, serve their clients better and grow their practices. We assist corporations in better understanding their markets, monitoring their brands and competition, and in mitigating business risk.
- Legal Research and Intelligence solutions deliver extensive and up-to-date ranges of content.
- Legal Drafting solutions automate the process of document drafting, proofing and checking.
- Legal Practice Management tools, advice and resources, packaged and tailored to meet the needs of your practice.
- Compliance and Risk Solutions keep you up to date with compliance issues and best practice and aid compliance.
- News and Media Analysis solutions help cut through the noise to bring insight.
- Legal Magazines and Journals provide some of the best content in the industry.
Thomson Reuters Legal UK provides trusted content, software and services, designed to increase the efficiency of legal practitioners. Benefit from powerful legal research products, current awareness, and integrated tools that help manage your matters, contracts, and departments.
- Practical Law, the online know-how service.
- Westlaw UK, the largest database of case law, legislation, news, journals, commentary, current awareness alerts and EU legal materials.
- Contract Express document automation software to generate standard legal documents.
- Legal Tracker, leading legal matter management, e-billing and legal analytics system for in-house legal departments.
- Sweet & Maxwell legal books provide detailed knowledge, interpretation and commentary in print and digital formats.